Graphics Card doesn't seem to work

Tittlemouse 18:54 03 May 2004

I have just reinstalled Windows ME on a clean 'C'drive and after a couple of days have managed to install most of the neccessary items for the computer to run OK. All except the graphics card (I think). All the written word seems OK but the pictures are only just visible. Everything is too big as well. Using 'Settings'in 'Display' in 'Control Panel' it is set at 16 colors and 640 by 480 and I can't change it. My monitor is 17inch. Also, in the Device Manager under "Display Adapters" there is a yellow '!' against "S3Inc. Trio 3D\2X 362\368 V1.00.34". and under "Other Devices" there is a large yellow question mark and also a yellow question mark against PCI Multimedia Device....PCI Multimedia Video Device....USB Device. My Graphic card disc says, Graphic Master, Accelerator, Model No 213...I hope one of you kind gentlemen can help me on this. Thanks in anticipation and please try to make any questions not too technical........

Tittlemouse 09:07 04 May 2004

Hi Gongoozler, Yes, I have managed to set the graphics to "Standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA" but nothing else has happened. I do appreciate your help in this but unfortunately I have to go out now and won't be back till this evening. I will return to this and hope that you will still be available. Thank you........

Gongoozler 09:27 04 May 2004

Hi Tittlemouse. Changing your graphics to "Standard PCI Graphics Adapter VGA" is the first step. You may find there is a manual on the disk, otherwise we will have to experiment until we find the right way to install the drivers from the disk. If you want, you can send me a picture of the Windows Explorer screen for the disk. I'll help you do that if you want, although my experience is with Windows 98se, hopefully ME is near enough. I'm on holiday for 3 weeks from this weekend, so I hope we can clear up this problem by then. Feel free to contact me via the email envelope alongside my nickname if you think emailing a picture will help. You won't be able to send a picture this way, but after the initial contact you will be able to email direct.

Tittlemouse 19:35 04 May 2004

Thank you for the trouble you have gone to Gongoozler, I have now resolved the situation. I have finally found the correct driver disk (I had given it to my son by mistake) and things are now back to normal. You solved the problem early on by saying that I was almost certainly using the wrong driver. Thank you for that..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61