Graphic Card Install No Go. Help

ulrich 19:15 23 Nov 2004

No matter what I do I cannot install my new Graphics Card. I have uninstalled old, the new card is recognised Leadtek FX5900XT, but the dvrs won't install, it asks for different bits, no matter what happens I end up with an invalid install. I've down loaded dvrs from Nvidia. My system is Win XP, 400w PSU, 512 ram, big hd,ASUS A7V333 latest dvrs. My old card a Leadtek GF4200, which I can uninstall and reinstall with ease. So please where am I going wrong. I also got a message of a Code 1 problem, I don't know what this is.

georgemac 19:32 23 Nov 2004

are the drivers not the same for all nvidea cards? from click here so I do not understand why you are uninstalling then reinstalling drivers?

ulrich 19:50 23 Nov 2004

I see where you going, I have tried so many things I'm not sure if I thought of that, I did want to do a fresh install. The other message I get is The device is not configured properly.(Code 1). The 66.93 dvrs I have on a disc I downloaded but the same answer. I will install again.

georgemac 20:03 23 Nov 2004

I would put back in the 4200 & reinstall the 66.93 drivers

if it is all running correctly, go to device manager and remove the 4200 (delete it) in device manager

I would then power down, fit the fx5600 remebring to fit the 4 pin power cable to the card

boot up, ket windows find the new hardware and install it automatically

good luck - time for footy

ulrich 22:21 23 Nov 2004

I was eventually able to install my old card with much problems. Now when I go to uninstall it it says it will uninstall all the drivers, and I don't really feel like spending all night trying to install it again. I really need to know why it can't find the drivers. Thanks Georgemac. I think my posting is now in the depths so I will click resolved and start again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?