Hot Topics

GPU Problem - Display driver amdkmdap

RobCharles1981 08:57 04 Mar 2020

Hi everyone this problem has been on and off for a while. My GPU is an R9 390 I've had it a few years now, and my O/S is Windows 10. For some reason I get constant flickering like this morning when I looked in event viewer for clues it shows this error:

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have the latest driver installed on my win 10 o/s searched suggest that my gpu could be on the way out?

Any thoughts on this please?

Thanks Rob

wee eddie 09:12 04 Mar 2020

Just a thought, as this has only just happened - Have you rebooted since.

ALSO

How long is it since you installed the Driver that you say is the latest?

RobCharles1981 20:07 04 Mar 2020

Hi Wee Eddie,

It happened a couple of weeks ago, and this is the latest driver installed.

I also had a blue screen called "Video TDR Failure" What failed - "atikmpag.sys"

Any thoughts?

qwbos 01:37 05 Mar 2020

Search for "Video TDR Failure" gave this

As well as the suggested solution, there's an option to use Driver Easy. No idea if it's good, bad, indifferent or whatever, but my preference would be to update the chipset and display card drivers manually. If the drivers you find are the same as those installed, try rolling back the drivers and see if the problem persists.

Have you tried a general clean out and re-seating the card?

RobCharles1981 16:33 05 Mar 2020

Hi - done all the usual updating chipset drivers and as well as the gpu drivers.

Cleaned out and re sated the card ages ago.

RobCharles1981 10:27 19 Mar 2020

Seems to be doing it again........

RobCharles1981 08:49 22 May 2020

And now again!!!!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

All the Creative Live Streams that'll save 2020

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans