I've been using an overclocked GPU for about a year and a half now and am suddenly getting graphical errors. Horizontal, pixelated lines have started appearing on my second monitor out of nowhere. These stop when I return the GPU clocks back to default. Now even if I increase the clock speeds by +1MHz they start up again.
My PC specs:
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i7-4790k 4Ghz
- GPU: Radeon R9 270X (OC to 1180MHZ core, 1550MHZ mem.) MoBo: ASUS Z97-A
Wireless card: 802.11n Tenda Wireless LAN card RAM: 16gb DDR3 Displays: 1. 22" Acer LCD 60hz 223W 2. Generic 20" Alba 1080p Plasma TV
What I've tried:
- Updating GPU drivers
- Checking for Windows updates
- Disabling/Enabling Vsync in global settings
- Doing a clean install of my graphics drivers
- Enabling/disabling gpu and monitors in device manager
- Installing previous gpu drivers
- Checking VGA BIOS for updates (up to date)
Programs being used:
- MSI afterburner 4.3.0 (I used this guide click here and kept the overclock within the recommended limits)
- AI suite 3 (I have a feeling this may be stopping the GPU from getting enough power)
- Sapphire Trixx 6.4.0 (This causes a black screen as soon as any setting is changed)
- GPU-Z 2.1.0 (Shows correct OC speed on the graphics card tab but the sensors show really low speeds when any OC is applied. GPU alternates between clock state 3 (150MHZ, 450MHZ and default))
I'd be happy to take any screenshots or provide any additional information or tests to help analyse the error. Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.