GPU detected, drivers up to date, not working.

Skiff85 18:49 11 May 2018

I recently finished building my new PC and had a problem where it would not POST (thread here) the conclusion was that it was the motherboard or CPU so I got a replacement motherboard and the PC booted fine, windows is installed everything looked good. I updated all the drivers and ran a benchmark test with novabench to see how it was rated.When it gets to the GPU test, it gets between 4 and 11 fps before novabench decides that it cant complete the test and stops. I Checked device manager, it says the drivers are up to date and it is working properly. I decided t try another benchmark, used UserBenchMark, similar issue, this time it it skips the GPU test altogether with the message:

WARN: skipping Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - Unable to locate attached display.

I have no idea what this means but any help would be greatly appreciated. A few extra things I have noticed:

• I cant change my resolution, it is stuck at 3840 x 2160 (which seems a bit high considering my current issue) which is greyed out.
  • In device manager under display adapters it shows not only the GTX 1080 Ti but also Microsoft Basic Display adapter but my current, healthy PC only shows the GPU. I thought maybe this was the cause, maybe it was defaulting to the onboard graphics so I uninstalled it and rebooted and its back.
  • I launched World of Warcraft to see how it would perform because it should be able to do ultra settings with ease, it got 1fps.

Any ideas?

1]: [click here

Skiff85 19:05 11 May 2018

Forgot to mention, the rest of the build is:

• Intel i7-8700k
  • ROG Maximus X Hero Motherboard
  • G.Skill - Trident 16GB 4000
  • GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix
  • EVGA SuperNova 850w Gold
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250gb SSD
  • Nzxt h440
  • Noctua NH-D15

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment utiliser l’Apple Store Éducation ?