GPU CPU and motherboard compatibility question

Rogey 06:14 24 Dec 2017

Hello...

Now to ask my question I do have to provide a little bit of a back story. However I will provide a TLDR version below.

About 4-5 years ago I bought this PC:

MSI B85M-E45 Intel® B85 uATX Motherboard

New 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Quad Core Processor (3.5GHz, 8MB Cache)

8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory (2x4GB) Kit

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 GPU

Unfortunately, I'm a moron and I didn't know how to clean it so I used a vacuum and ended destroying the motherboard with static. There is a possibility that the graphics card is also dead - however I do not know, nor have a way of finding that out.

Rather than replacing the broken parts when I broke it, I bought a new PC.

Now I wish to use the old PC as a streaming PC but I have found out that the motherboard is discontinued. I have been informed that my GPU is only compatible with my motherboard and therefore I would only be able to test if my GPU is also broken if I had a working motherboard. Make sense so far?

I have tried to get the motherboard - unfortunately, as it's discontinued, nowhere is selling it and it's out of stock on Amazon.

So my question is - is my graphics card usable with other motherboards? If so - can you list one or two? If I can buy a compatible motherboard from Amazon, I can take it to the local shop who will identify if the GPU is broken.

TLDR - What motherboards are compatible with my GPU? - Is my CPU a factor? 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 GPU

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)