got my viewsonic vx2052m today but help??

SANAP 14:51 30 Sep 2006

The viewsonic is 20.1" wide and runs at 16:10 ratio at a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 and it is absolutely superb but it so wide!! The problem is I have a defect in my left eye and some of the pages I look at are .. yes aligned to the left, this means turning my head so I notice the defect in my eye!! not the panel, for example when I open MS outlook it is left aligned, so also the daily mirror, as the eye will get worse I have a dilemna. I know I have to look straight on so a 19" 4:3 may be the answer, however, the one I was going to get has a resolution of only 1280 x 1024, its model Viewsonic VX922 19" LCD Silver Black 2ms DVI Gaming Monitor. Will the text on this monitor be as good as the vx2052m? I cant view them as I am tOO remote. I am uisng DVI and this thing is stunning. Or is there a way I can set it up to show text stuff right in middle? I dont want to send it back get the vx922 and see the difference ie it is not as sharp.

Oh boy what a fix. I will be on here all day trying to get used to it and it is WIDE...

sanap

Forum Editor 17:13 30 Sep 2006

that. despite your initial frustration, you give the monitor and yourself a chance - yo umay find that you accustom yourself to what - at the moment anyway - seems a little odd.

SANAP 19:42 30 Sep 2006

thanks for reply and yes I will give it a go and have done so today. It is so good I can't see(sorry) myself sending it back. I would love to try the 19" side by side.

I also used the reviews in the mag to select this monitor ie I bought the mag.

And as an aside how or can I edit my posts?

sanap

SANAP 07:36 01 Oct 2006

Iam keeping it, too good to change.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?