Google Search Bar

Legslip 17:10 31 May 2005

When I left click the Google Search Bar twice a list of previously visited websites display. Does anyone know how to get rid of this display or preferably sites individually?

rawprawn 17:15 31 May 2005

Go to google options untick "Dropdown search history" then in the More tab untick Remember last search.

VoG II 17:16 31 May 2005

Click the Google button at the left of the toolbar, Clear History.

selfbuild 17:16 31 May 2005

Click on the word Google (to the left of where you would input what you are searching for) and click on Clear Search History.

rawprawn 17:18 31 May 2005

I was also adding what VoG™ & selfbuild posted.

Legslip 17:24 31 May 2005

Where is 'Google' options?

VoG II 17:27 31 May 2005

Click the Google button at the left of the toolbar, Options.Search tab.

Legslip 17:41 31 May 2005

Have now installed the Google toolbar and carried out instructions, but no good. The Google bar that I am referring to is the large one in the centre of the screen.

selfbuild 18:08 31 May 2005

Have you tryed clearing your Temp Internet Files folder ?

VoG II 18:14 31 May 2005

How do I delete my search history?

Your Google search history can be deleted from the Google Toolbar, from the Google search box, and from your browser. Instructions for each of these instances appear below:

To clear your search history from the drop-down text box on the Google Toolbar:

1. Click on the Google logo to access the drop-down menu.

2. Select the "Clear Search History" option. This will clear all the previous searches from the drop-down box.

If you would like to completely disable your Toolbar's search history, please click on the "Options" button directly on your Toolbar and un-check the box next to "Drop-down search history."

Please note that this only clears the search history from the Google Toolbar, which is entirely separate from the search history stored by your browser.

To clear your history from the search box on the Google homepage:

The search history that displays in the search box on the Google homepage is stored by your browser, not by Google. To disable this feature on Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) versions 5.0 and higher:

1. Go to the "Tools" menu.

2. Select "Internet Options."

3. Select the "Content" tab.

4. Within the "Personal Information" area, select "AutoComplete."

5. Click on "Clear Forms."

You can also uncheck the "Forms" box in this same window to keep this information from being stored in the future.

Alternatively, you can delete individual entries from your search history by using the Down arrow key to select a previous search, then pressing the Delete key once an unwanted search is highlighted.

To clear your history from Internet Explorer:

1. Go to the "Tools" menu.

2. Select "Internet Options."

3. Click the "General" tab.

4. Click the "Clear History" button.

To completely disable the history function, set "Days to keep pages in history" to zero.

Jeecie 19:15 31 May 2005

Stab in the dark by me... but I'm betting that Legslip hasn't downloaded the "Google Toolbar" (see click here)...

... so I reckon VoG™'s suggestion re: "The search history that displays in the search box on the Google homepage is stored by your browser, not by Google. To disable this feature on Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) versions 5.0 and higher: etc. etc. etc." will probably hit the mark...

For anyone else after general support for "Google Toolbar" see there help page here click here

:) Jeecie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?