Google Chrome rarely starts when activated

tallboy 22:19 19 Oct 2017

My PC runs 64-bit Windows 10. In spite of removing & re-installing Google Chrome, I cannot get it to work correctly when initially clicking on the Google Chrome icon. The Google Chrome window opens up but immediately freezes. The only way out is to kill the window via the Task Manager. When the Google Chrome icon is clicked on a second time, it usually starts correctly.

In contrast, the Chromium browser (on which Google Chrome is based) always starts up first time - as you would expect it to. Hopefully there is a way to fix this annoying problem. Hopefully someone knows how!

Govan1x 10:22 20 Oct 2017

Try resetting it to see if that helps.

Settings. Advanced, Scroll to bottom for reset.

tallboy 15:42 20 Oct 2017

Thanks for the suggestion Govan1x. I've re-installed Chrome (the latest version with a fancy start page - date / time etc.) and reset as you suggested. So far so good, although initially when Google installed the Intel security add-in it froze again. I think this may have been caused by a conflict with Kaspersky Password Manager that I use so I deleted the Intel extension and it works OK so far. Lets see how it goes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Nvidia’s Gaugan tech turns simple colour blocks into realistic landscapes

New AirPods 2 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique