Google Chrome Not Showing Most Visited Pages

NeedHelpdotcom 17:55 07 Sep 2018

I just encountered this issue today, with Chrome not showing the grid displaying the sites you visit the most. It was working fine just last night, but now they're gone. Has anyone experienced anything similar/know the causes of this?

ened 07:24 08 Sep 2018

Yup! I suspect, since I now know I am not the only one, that it must have been something they had changed overnight (06/07) by way of an upgrade. I wish they would give us the option because I am close to giving up on Chrome.

Yesterday I tried closing Chrome and rebooting but it remained the same.

This morning I went into settings and changed the 'On start-up' from 'Open the New Tab page' to 'Continue where you left off'. Closed Chrome and the frequently used pages were restored when I reopened it. I then went back into settings and resumed the button on 'Open the New Tab page'.

As I said I wish it would be possible to install the updates manually!

NeedHelpdotcom 13:13 08 Sep 2018

It is working now for me as well. Seems like there was an update they did to the browser and it just took a while for it to sort itself out.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs