Hot Topics

Google Chrome Does Not Work With Kaspersky 2016

RegScriv 13:52 07 Oct 2015

Does anyone know why Chrome does not work with Kaspersky 2016. I have been using an earlier version of Kaspersky with no problem. I decided to update to Kaspersky 2016, which installed easily & seemed to work. Then I noticed that neither Chrome nor IE would open. MS Edge worked ok. I tried all the settings in Kapersky without success. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome without success. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Kapersky without success. I have Malwarebytes and CCleaner installed which, reading on the Internet, may be a problem. If Kaspersky 2016 doesn't work with Malwarebytes & CCleaner, then I don't want it. For now, I've reverted back to my earlier version. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Govan1x 20:32 07 Oct 2015

Not the only browser it does not work with according to this.

Click here

RegScriv 21:19 07 Oct 2015

That's interesting & thanks for that feedback.

I used to use Norton & found it much more user friendly. It also has a very good support system. When my Kaspersky licence expires, I'm going back to Norton

RegScriv 10:16 08 Oct 2015

On investigation, it appears that Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit conflicts with KIS 2016. I'll uninstall MBAE and try again.

Govan1x 12:02 08 Oct 2015

I think Malwarebytes conflicts with most things that is why I run it manually and stop it running at start up.

Good tool to have though.

RegScriv 15:40 08 Oct 2015

Just to let you know that I un-installed MBAE and re-installed KIS 2016 and now Chrome works ok. Malwarebytes as such was no the problem, it's separate the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit that causes the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Resident Evil 3 review

Online portfolios: how to get your work out there while staying in

Apple 'to drop support for Apple Watch Series 2'

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour voitures (2020)