Hot Topics

Google Chrome Does Not Work With Kaspersky 2016

RegScriv 13:52 07 Oct 2015

Does anyone know why Chrome does not work with Kaspersky 2016. I have been using an earlier version of Kaspersky with no problem. I decided to update to Kaspersky 2016, which installed easily & seemed to work. Then I noticed that neither Chrome nor IE would open. MS Edge worked ok. I tried all the settings in Kapersky without success. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome without success. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Kapersky without success. I have Malwarebytes and CCleaner installed which, reading on the Internet, may be a problem. If Kaspersky 2016 doesn't work with Malwarebytes & CCleaner, then I don't want it. For now, I've reverted back to my earlier version. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Govan1x 20:32 07 Oct 2015

Not the only browser it does not work with according to this.

Click here

RegScriv 21:19 07 Oct 2015

That's interesting & thanks for that feedback.

I used to use Norton & found it much more user friendly. It also has a very good support system. When my Kaspersky licence expires, I'm going back to Norton

RegScriv 10:16 08 Oct 2015

On investigation, it appears that Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit conflicts with KIS 2016. I'll uninstall MBAE and try again.

Govan1x 12:02 08 Oct 2015

I think Malwarebytes conflicts with most things that is why I run it manually and stop it running at start up.

Good tool to have though.

RegScriv 15:40 08 Oct 2015

Just to let you know that I un-installed MBAE and re-installed KIS 2016 and now Chrome works ok. Malwarebytes as such was no the problem, it's separate the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit that causes the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What’s the difference between VPN and Antivirus and do you need both?

These are the best album covers of 2019

How to pick the best iPhone insurance

Les bons plans gadgets high tech (2020)