good fierwall please help

1973scotty 10:59 07 May 2004

hi can anyone please recomend a good firewall to me please. i am thinking about taking out the tiscalia internet security pack for the. but is ther e a better way than the tiscali pack. can ny one tell me the name of a good free firwall. or recomend which is the best to pay up to 30 pound. I am already using AVG free edition anti-virus. please advise me.
scott

johnnyrocker 11:04 07 May 2004

zone alarm,panda,sygate, click here and check on securiy offers or indeed visit the downloads section on this site.

johnny.

christmascracker 11:05 07 May 2004
  expertec 11:06 07 May 2004

I always reccomend Sygate, it's free, very good, never had any problems. click here

RevHed 13:22 07 May 2004

click here they have a Firewall and Full AVG7 bundle offer.

dagwoood 13:47 07 May 2004

You could try Kerio personal firewall. This is free for home users

click here

Stuartli 13:52 07 May 2004

The free version of ZoneAlarm has served me well through thick and thin (updated every few months or so) for several years.

hector 911 13:56 07 May 2004

if you want to pay for a firwall Outpost Pro2.0 from agnitum is the one to buy doesn't use up a lot of pc resources, that is memory while running.

you can configure to prompt for ActiveX and other active content. Cookies which are often installed through e-mails can also be blocked, I only found this out after using this Firewall

dagwoood 14:00 07 May 2004

Meant to add, after you've installed and configured your firewall, it's a good idea to run some port scan tests. These will show if you have any ports exposed.

I recently installed Kerio and thought I'd configured it correctly but when I ran the port scan tests I found out I hadn't configured it correctly as I still had some ports showing as open. Try the below link and run the tests

click here

Can also test on the Symantec site

click here

GaT7 23:07 09 May 2004

You may be interested in these recent Firewall Group tests:

Free Firewall Software: click here

Paid for (you can try before you buy with some): click here=

spuds 23:10 09 May 2004

A selection here, under firewalls click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?