Hot Topics

A good deal for ssd?

northumbria61 12:40 13 Apr 2013
Answered

enter link description here

This appears to be a good deal for anyone in the market for an SSD - with £15 cashback

wee eddie 13:21 13 Apr 2013

Potentially Spam - FE told

Forum Editor 13:52 13 Apr 2013

wee eddie

northumbria61 has been a respected forum member for a very long time. Thank you for your vigilance, nevertheless.

Ian in Northampton 14:58 13 Apr 2013

I'm sure it is a good deal - but when I make my first foray into SSDs, I'm likely to go for a 32GB or 64GB, which is more than enough room for my operating system and the programs (Office, Chrome) I use frequently - and which will cost much less. Or am I missing somethhing?

Ian in Northampton 14:59 13 Apr 2013

By the way: if Northumbria61 is spamming the board, who knows who'll start next? Chronos? Fruit Bat? Onthelimit? Perhaps even the Forum Editor? LOL...

Ian in Northampton 16:03 13 Apr 2013

Chronos: I can't disagree - thanks. This isn't really hi-jacking the thread as such, so... If I get one, I'd get one for my XP machine. I've read mixed things about XP and SSDs, though - can be more trouble than it's worth. While W7 has SSD support built-in - in terms of optimising usage - I believe that, at best, you need to do a lot of manual 'housekeeping' with SSDs under XP, and at worst, they don't work very well at all. Do you - or anyone - have any insight into all that?

northumbria61 16:34 13 Apr 2013
Answer

Well I have created a bit of interest for what has been a non eventful and boring Saturday, for me at least - my team don't play until tomorrow ! (Newcastle against our old rivals Sunderland)

I hope someone benefits from the excellent SSD deal and I think Samsung is a safe bet - and from a well respected supplier - Novatech.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)