Going Red

VideoSentry 19:47 17 Oct 2007

This is a problem that used to go away after a few re-starts,now it is permanent. It affects some still images and most of video play back ( Not DVD from disc ) but WMV Divx etc. The screens are from 1 Start Up 2:DivX ( same as Windows Media Player ) and Safe Mode ,as I am not used to photobucket I hope that all three are there.
click here
I have: AVG'd Spybotted and AdAwared and I am clear.
I did try updating the graphics card (Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 (Asus V8170 MX)but I cannt see the meassages on the site so I do not know what I should or shoudn't hit.

STREETWORK 19:52 17 Oct 2007

This really smells of a graphics card problem, or faulty cable. Can you try another monitor.

woodchip 19:57 17 Oct 2007

Right click on empty desktop click properties. Check windows Settings. Looks like theme as changed

woodchip 19:58 17 Oct 2007

Just had a look it comes under Appearance in Display properties

VideoSentry 21:21 17 Oct 2007

I forgot to mention that :
I have tried and re-tried desktop properties,Disk clean up,restore ( would not allow?) cable is fine as is the graphics card ( now with new driver via "update driver in windows )

VideoSentry 14:29 15 Dec 2007

Using the XP disc I did a repair ( and spent 4 hours updating downloading MS updates and SP2 ) but the red haze is still there!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone with any suggestions?...... Please

johnnyrocker 15:34 15 Dec 2007

as asked previously have you tried another monitor?

johnny

VideoSentry 10:08 16 Dec 2007

Yes I did try that,but same problem.Is there some way that I can get all the programmes and files off ( 5 users ) to a portable HDD and start again then re-load the lot? Some of the programmes are purchased via the net ( DivX converter,Ashampoo and others).

VideoSentry 20:40 18 Dec 2007

Bump ( Please )

johnnyrocker 21:35 18 Dec 2007

go for either a borrowed if poss, graphics card and try new connecting cable.

johnny

VideoSentry 16:54 21 Dec 2007

I'll try that after Crimbo.Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?