GoBack or similar help needed

judex 14:12 01 Feb 2006

I've used GoBack on my W98 pc and have been very pleased with it. I'm getting a new computer with XP and wanted to get a version of GoBack for it (mine is V2.2 - before XP) but it seems that Norton now only sell it as part of a package, which is more than I want.

Can anybody recomend anything similar ?

I know that XP has a restore facility but my understanding is that it does not automatically create many restore points, so is of limited use when a problem comes up unexpectedly.

TIA

Jude

VoG II 14:22 01 Feb 2006
  stalion 14:23 01 Feb 2006

acronis is a good product there is a trial version click here

PaulB2005 14:50 01 Feb 2006

I used Goback on my old Win 98SE PC and my first XP one but i ditched it in favour of Acronis True Image with my new PC.

Much better.

CLONNEN 15:45 01 Feb 2006

Having tried a few Restore software products I eventually bought a hardware recovery card which slots into a spare PCI slot inside the computer. Restores ALL changes to the hard drive, registry etc. (more than XP's built-in System Restore does).

Boots to the recovery card every time the computer is turned on. Options are Save, Recover or None.

Now I can Reset my computer after testing new software or hardware with just a Reboot and select the Recover option.

CLONNEN 15:49 01 Feb 2006

Hardware Recovery Card

click here

judex 22:50 01 Feb 2006

Thanks for all your help. Acronis looks good, and at least with a free trial version I'll know I'm getting something that works.

Jude

Enoch 12:06 08 Feb 2006

Are you sure that Go-Back on its own has been discontinued because I bought Go-Back last year from PCWorld.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts