.gif attachment

Enoch 10:46 08 Oct 2005

I need to open an attachment with a .Gif extension. Is there any vewiers I can download to enable me so to do please. Currently it comes out in gobbledegook text

VoG II 10:46 08 Oct 2005
  Enoch 10:51 08 Oct 2005

VoG, is it as easy as that. Do I just down load and install, and that will then enable me to view said .gif ??

VoG II 10:52 08 Oct 2005

It should do.

Enoch 10:56 08 Oct 2005

Thanks VoG, I will now attempt.

bremner 11:10 08 Oct 2005

You do not say what operating system you have - but XP's built in Windows Picture and Fax viewer will open gif files.

Enoch 11:36 08 Oct 2005

bremner

I am running XP, and I can see .gif files on my PC. This is for my friend on his PC. He is also running XP but cannot open .gif files. I know I have Windows Picture and Fax viewer, but for some reason he does not and I am loath to alter up HIS system. I just want to enable him to see these files

bremner 12:01 08 Oct 2005

All they need to do is 'associate' the gif extension with Picture and Fax Viewer.

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types

Go down the list to GIF and click on it once.

The bottom box will say " Opens With" and will then say what.

If it is not Windows Picture and Fax Viewer then click change - Picture and Fax Viewer should be listed as an option

Enoch 14:46 08 Oct 2005

Bremner

I have experimented on my PC and your instructions make sense. So, tomorrow I will attempt to do what you suggest on his PC and I will come back to this "string" and let you know.

Meanwhile, thanks to you and to VoG. If your way does not work I will try VoG's way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts