giant cursor/arrow in windows-7 64 bit

jim2001 14:37 30 Jan 2010

hi,

looking for help on a problem that has recently surfaced on a new installation of a 64 bit windows 7 ultimate.a shirt while after starting windows my cursor or arrow pointer jumps to about four times it's normal set size. i have tried going in to the settings for the pointer size,but to no avail.pc is a new home build based on a gigabyte ga_p55_ud6 mother board with an Intel core i7 [email protected], supported by 8gb of crucial ram and a radion sapphire hd 5700 series graphics card[driver 8.681.0.0]
this problem does not appear when i revert to a backup hard drive running 32 bit vista. any suggestions gratefully received.

jim

User-1229748 14:53 30 Jan 2010

not a lot of help but this may give you an alternative if you don't mind cursor trails click here

jim2001 20:13 14 Feb 2010

hi

re my giant cursor/arrow problem.

help from microsoft had me re install latest graphics card drivers from ati with no resolution to tis problem.

next was to download and install a 'hot fix' from the ati web site,again with no resolution.

the final step was to update the drivers for my gigabyte ga-p55-ud6 motherboard.

this done pointer/cursor returned to norma and has stayed this way

jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?