Hot Topics

Getting "No Internet Connection" message

Yimbo 13:36 20 Feb 2020
Answered

Recently, on starting up my Windows 10 PC, I get the above message. But on doing an immediate re-start, everything's normal again! Any idea what is causing this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 20 Feb 2020

Run the internet connection troubleshooter

Yimbo 19:55 24 Feb 2020

I've run the troubleshooter and get the following message: "The Intel(R)82579LM Gigabit Network Connection adapter is experiencing driver or hardware problems" Well that's me out of my depth! Where do I go from here? Any help, advice much appreciated! Thanks!

Govan1x 08:58 25 Feb 2020

See if it is in Device manager if so try and update the driver. if that does not work try rolling the driver back.

If not go to the intel site and download the latest driver from there.

Best idea would be to wit till Fruit Bat /\0/\ gets back to you he will be able to give you the proper advice that you need..

Yimbo 09:41 25 Feb 2020

Thanks Govan1x - I appreciate your helpful advice. I'm not skilled enough with things like Device Manager, updating drivers etc - but I'll have a go. Thanks again!

Yimbo 09:54 25 Feb 2020

Hi again - - I've gone into Device Manager and under "Network Adapters" I found the Gigabit Network Connection adapter referred to in my original post. But it says "This device is working properly" So, I'm still puzzled!

marcuspitts 11:05 25 Feb 2020

Are you getting a pop up of this message on your screen or on your browser. Run any Security scan. If its on a browser, refer to this article dnsprobefinished_nxdomain

Govan1x 11:34 25 Feb 2020

marcuspitts click here opens a none secure site. So just be careful when in it.

Yimbo 14:04 25 Feb 2020

Thank you, Engineer.AI - - Your "ancient technique" has done the trick! Problem resolved!!
And thanks too, to all who have offered advice and help!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?