GETTING MESSAGES FROM KASPERSKY HAPPENED TODAY AND ADS GETTING THROUGH WITH GOOGLE

SANAP 15:14 02 Apr 2015

This has me foxed, as of about an hour ago I keep getting messages from my anti virus ie kaspersky allong the lines web page blocked google chrome etc but when I visit a page, even PC advisor and click on an item I get sent to a different page usually selling something. I have adblock plus installed etc.

NB Prior to this happening I got a warning message from kaspersky saying a malicious item was found close all pacakges, then click clean and pc will do an auto restart. I did this and bang all this stuff keeps popping up if I use google. I was on you tube last night looking at golf videos but not much else.

Its a right pain.

help

Daisy_Michael 15:20 02 Apr 2015

Try downloading the free version of SUPER ANTISPYWARE from their official website click here and I hope it would sort out the issues (install and complete scan one).

Kaspersky is the best ANTIVIRUS but sometimes ADWARES creates a bit of excessive mess.

wee eddie 15:23 02 Apr 2015

Malwarebytes may do the trick

wee eddie 15:23 02 Apr 2015

Malwarebytes may do the trick

john bunyan 16:11 02 Apr 2015

Download and run ADWCleaner. It usually sorts out hijacking of toolbars etc. Accept defaults. Takes a while to scan and requires a restart after.

ADW Bleeping computer.

SANAP 17:59 02 Apr 2015

thanks all, I used malaware bytes and it found a lot of PUP's so these have been quarantined. I then checked chrome again and went to update function, that failed so I then checked extensions and voila I had 3 rogue extensions. Deleted these and all back to normal for now. I have no idea how those extensions got added. I have downloaded the other packages as well.

and thanks for quick replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)