Getting High FPS but game keeps lagging, is it RAM

alectucker58 00:10 08 Jun 2018

Hello, I have recently purchased a used gaming PC specs: Intel i7 2600 CPU, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, Corsair CX 450M power supply, and a dual channel 2 x 2 GB of ram (which I have ordered a 8GB kit coming soon) 1 TB WD harddrive, no SSD, and Windows 10 Pro Operating system. I'm thinking it might be due to the lack of ram but am not sure as I'm new to PC Gaming. I've also tried changing the settings in fortnite to low and it doesn't seem to change. I get good graphics and high FPS but it keeps lagging. I don't believe this is internet related either because I can loads YouTube videos fine and play this game on Xbox One with no Problem. Let me know any suggestions or solutions to this problem it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

wee eddie 03:47 08 Jun 2018

That is a seriously old Processor. Well 6 years old anyway, it's going to have difficulties with some modern Games. 8GB of RAM should be good but, again, the latest RAM is unlikely to work with it. You'll have to be careful what you buy

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?