Getting daily BSODs for last few months

thorny266 10:29 18 Aug 2018

Hi All,

Over the past few months I've been getting BSODs, used to be less frequent but now it's pretty much daily.

They mostly happen when playing games and games that are fairly graphic intensive but I now sometimes get them just while browsing. Seem to get one quite often when pressing shut down for the past week.

The errors I've received so far are:

"System service exception" followed by any of these:

DXGKRNL.SYS

WIN32KFULLSYS

NPFS.SYS

"Thread not handled/exception" followed by:

DXGMMS2.SYS

"Kmode exception not handled"

"Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" - This only only occurs while not gaming

"WDF Violation"

Computer specs are:

8770k at stock 16gb Ram 1080ti 2x 500gb SSD Windows 10

What I've tried so far:

Ran a memory test a few times and no issues found each time Ran SFC and no issues found Disconnected all devices bar keyboard/mouse/monitor and speakers Updated graphic drivers, also tried rolling back and reinstalling entirely but no change Ran full scans and nowt found Windows is up to date Computer is clean inside Removed any unneeded programs Windows repair upgrade Removing all graphics drivers via DDU

Can anyone help with some suggestions on how to fix this?

Cheers in advance

Minidump file should be in here:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:49 18 Aug 2018

all relate to a driver problem as you have already updated your graphics drivers - try updating other drivers i.e. network and wireless drivers.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs