Hot Topics

Getting Caution warning re my laptop HD?

bob dob 23:08 24 Apr 2017

Hi all. My Medion Akoya laptop seems to be shutting down every now and again for no reason (well, it is under load of lots of tabs open), I download and ran CrustalDisk and it issuing 'caution' and the tab that is highlighted is 'C5 current pending sector count: Current: 200 Worst: 199'. I have Googled this but can't determine whether this is bad news or am I being a bit OTT? Having said that, the laptop must be 5 years old now so what advice would you guys give - replace HD or replace laptop? Thanks all.

bob dob 19:00 01 May 2017

Hi. Thank you for that. I'm afraid I'm on Vista. However, I have just downloaded this, which should tell all.... click here

bob dob 19:38 01 May 2017

Having a few issues installing that but, being as I'm trying to free up my HD, I want to delete a big 78gb folder so I thought I'd make a system restore point, as I did a few weeks ago.....but was quite shocked to see this: click here definitely, definitely did successfully create a restore point so don't know what happened? It now says that I have successfully made on but who knows... Is this something that I should be concerned about?

I

bob dob 19:41 01 May 2017

Just got this: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €