Generic Windows XP Home disk wanted

ray27 09:02 12 Jul 2008

I need a copy of a generic windows XP Home disk
My old computer was never supplied with a windows disk and the suppliers explained that it was installed on the hard drive
The company has long since gone bust (Carrera)

I have contacted Microsoft and they have given me the key now all I require is a copy of Windows xp home
Unfortunatley I am retired and dont know anyone who I can ask for a copy can anyone point me in the right direction in obtaining one Cheers Ray

Technotiger 09:07 12 Jul 2008

Hi, I live in Hampshire UK - if you are anywhere near me, I would be willing to let you borrow my original XP Home disc. I would however, need proof of Microsoft's agreement.

Cheers.

Robbiecollie 09:41 12 Jul 2008

Hi, I live in Nottinghamshire UK - if you are anywhere near me, I would be willing to let you borrow my original XP Home disc. I would however, need proof of Microsoft's agreement.

ray27 10:13 12 Jul 2008

Thanks for the offer
I dont have proof as the Number was given to me over the Telephone
What happened was that a fault appeared on the computer, the two DVD drives disappeared as well as the access to the broadband.
I had to call in a local repair man and he did a windows repair and he also got in touch with Microsoft and obtained the key,
Everything is working ok but the repair man said that as I had the key all I needed was to obtain any windows disk in case of future problems.
What I need is a disk that I can get just in case it goes wobbly again cheers Ray

Technotiger 10:57 12 Jul 2008

You don't need the disc - what you need is Acronis True Image to make a complete back-up of your entire System, this will back-up everything including all your programs and your personal settings. Save your back-up to a USB external drive. None of which is really expensive, and in any case in the event of computer failure, worth every penny.

ray27 15:43 25 Jul 2008

Thanks for all the advice I have managed to obtain a windowxp home disk lets hope I never have to use it cheers Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?