Gaming pc advice within a budget.

Craigyboy84 08:00 01 Dec 2018

I have been hunting for a budget/starter pc for my sons christmas. I have been on a website and done some tweaks. Just looking for advice from some savy tech folks as to wether this is a decent spec for under £600. Spec is as follows,FREE - BullGuard Internet Security 100Mb, 3 Users, 1 Year CiT F3 Gaming Case - Black/Green AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Quad-Core 3.5GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) Processor Stock Cooler NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Graphics Card 8GB Apacer Panther 2666MHz DDR4 Memory (1 x 8GB) 1TB SATA3 6Gbps Hard Drive
Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro-ATX AM4 Motherboard
Xilence Redwing 400W Power Supply Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit 24" 60Hz 1920x1080 TN LED Monitor LED Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Bundle 3 Year Protect Warranty (Return to Base - 1 yr Parts, 3 year labour, Carriage Free for first 30 days) Looking to purchase today. Thanks for the advice folks.

dan4 19:02 02 Dec 2018

I'd say that's a decent setup and should be able to handle tasks and games well for the price point.

Would say that the power supply doesn't leave a huge amount of room for future expansion. Also, the GTX 1050 is a good card, with it's own ups and downs. Would advise reading some reviews about it to make sure it's what you want.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch