Gaming PC with 47" LC LCD TV?

DavidRaw 19:56 06 May 2014
Answered

Hi.

I was hoping to use a 47 inch LCD TV as a monitor for my gaming PC I am building myself. However, I do not know if it will work.

So the question is: Will it?

Thanks in advance

PC SPECS: Corsair Carbide 500R microATX Midi PC Tower, Seasonic S12II-620 620W, Asus DVD-RW Drive, Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB 3.5 inch Hard Drive, ASUS H87-PLUS ATX Intel H87 Motherboard, Intel Core i5 4670 Quad Core (3.4GHz), EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual SC w/ EVGA ACX Cooler, G Skill 2x 4GB PC3-19200 DDR3 2400MHz

BRYNIT 20:32 06 May 2014

Don't know, can't tell. Not enough information to give an answer.

Ian in Northampton 20:50 06 May 2014
Answer

In theory, there's no reason why not. It is, after all, just a TV, albeit a large one. The big issue is likely to be the response time of the TV if you're a serious gamer - there are huge differences (~5msec - 200+msec) between TVs that can cause unacceptable lag. That's nothing to do with screen size, though. Your 770 should have no trouble driving it at maximum resolution: it's not screen size that's important, it's the number of pixels, and that doesn't vary from a full HD 32" TV to a full HD 60" TV. Connecting it is unlikely to be an issue: I assume both the card and the TV support HDMI. The only thing to watch out for is how close you are to the TV: with a 47" screen, unless you sit a reasonable distance back, the pixels will be plainly visible and will spoil your enjoyment.

I may not have answered your question. Why do you think it might not work?

DavidRaw 21:55 06 May 2014

I just wasn't sure that was all; I would rather spend the money on the PC rather than the monitor (and get a monitor later)

Thanks for the replys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?