Games won't connect to Internet.

Giantsquid 10:58 07 Oct 2003

Hello All,

I have 2 puters networked on NTL BB with XP HE, my Boy can connect to the Internet and play online with my main puter (Castle Wolfenstien Enemy Terratory) but because I use the puter for work I want him off mine and onto his so I put the Demo 250 MB on his computer, trouble is when he clicks on join server he gets no results back so cannot play online, also my main computer sometimes asks for a password to join a game online but I have not set a password to my knowledge ? other times it just connects !
Bye the way it is a wireless network.

thanks to anyone who can help out.

vinnyT 14:12 07 Oct 2003

Does his pc have a software firewall installed (ie zonealarm, etc.) if he does, he will either have to grant the game access permission or disable the firewall before starting the game. Hope this helps.

Giantsquid 14:29 07 Oct 2003

I'll give that a go tonight yes he has Sygate installed, I'll check it out later,

Cheers.

Jester2K II 15:10 07 Oct 2003

sometimes asks for a password to join a game online but I have not set a password to my knowledge ?

Some game servers are not open to the public and have passwords set so only members can play there.

MjM Hellfire 15:45 07 Oct 2003

Goto the FAQ's of each game, via their websites and find out what UDP & TCP ports need to be opened/forwarded, as stated above.

You will then have to open each port or a range of ports to get proper connectivity to some of these servers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)