games freeze in every game for 1-3 seconds

egto10 21:57 28 Mar 2019

My games freeze in every game for 1-3 seconds. i have a video of it: click here

egto10 21:58 28 Mar 2019

pc specs: cpu: ryzen 2600x gpu: rtx 2070 ram: 16gb corsair ddr4 vengeance lpx 2x8gb 3000 c15 MB: b450m ds3h SSD: kingston 128 gb

theDarkness 01:08 29 Mar 2019

Make sure your operating system, graphics drivers and games are all up to date. Have you installed anything new just before your games started to lag? Especially anything that runs a new service in the background, such as a games store launcher? Background activity could be the cause. Consider closing background programs and any new demanding services you have running that you do not need before you play. System updates at the wrong time can also hog resources and slow your games. Bring up the task manager before playing to see if anything seems to be using up too much cpu or memory. Keep an eye on cpu and hard drive temperatures (I use crystaldiskinfo and coretemp).

Adjust the video settings within your games to a minimum to see if they still freeze. If they no longer freeze up, then adjust each setting to find out what is causing the problem. Game lag can also be the result of a poor game server for online games, or a slow connection. Also try an official forum for any of your games to see if others are having the same problem. With each new version update of windows 10, my system's cpu runs slightly higher for the most demanding 3d software, so it could even be (partly) an issue with windows itself in running specific software.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs