Full page on PC dropping to bottom half of page

Govan1x 00:14 12 Feb 2018
Answered

Just noticed that Firefox and chrome switch from a full page to the bottom of the page and stays like that.

Just happening tonight so not sure if it is just me that has this problem or not.

Govan1x 00:19 12 Feb 2018

This just seems to be happening Using PCA.

Govan1x 00:30 12 Feb 2018

Thought that the problem was with Chrome so deleted that and reinstalled it but it was acting up a bit so deleted it again.

But found this if you use Chrome.

Click here

PCA seems to be Ok using Edge but not with Chrome or Firefox. Got a feeling it could be the large add that is causing the problem.

Govan1x 00:34 12 Feb 2018

Add.

Govan1x 00:41 12 Feb 2018

Or maybe both of the adds at the same time on the Helproom forum.

Click Here

Govan1x 00:45 12 Feb 2018

Or another.

Click here

Menzie 00:54 12 Feb 2018

Those Apester ads are a nuisance, they have slowed down my phone while browsing this site. On Firefox I installed something called Noscript and have allowed the Tech Advisor scripts but blocked the Apester link which seems to kill that particular issue.

I don't mind ads or extra content when tastefully done. So I've whitelisted some ads on this site but not all.

Govan1x 01:03 12 Feb 2018

The main problem with me is it keeps shifting to the bottom of the page and staying there.

If you refresh the page it goes down to the bottom again after 10 seconds. Weird how it works ok using Edge but not on the others.

Looks like I am the only one having this particular problem.

Menzie 01:44 12 Feb 2018

I surf this site mostly on my mobile phone.

This is with Noscript disabled.

This is with it enabled.

tullie 07:01 12 Feb 2018

No problem here with Firefox.

Govan1x 10:04 12 Feb 2018
Answer

Checked through everything and have found that there is a problem with ad guard so I must have changed one of the settings on that.

Switched it off and all seems to be working ok now.

So my theory of it being PCA adds was completely wrong so will have to learn to check all things before posting in future.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?