full duplex/2 sound cards

Socalled 12:31 11 Jul 2003

Hi , can anyone shed some light please, I have an Audigy platinum sound card and i wish to use Msn audio for conversation through a microphone,but it seems that my Audigy platinum is not full duplex which is required to achieve this.
Can i install a second sound card which does have full duplex along side my existing sound card,and if so what if any software do i require to switch from one to the other,and also what are the problems i may come across.

OneSirKnight 14:42 11 Jul 2003

Hi, I wish i could help you further, but like others on here i cannot answer your question positively, i have posted your question on another tech help site and if i get any further advise ,i will gladly pass it on to you,in the mean time have a look here you may find your answers here........click here

Socalled 14:46 11 Jul 2003

Thank you, i was beginning to feel like a leper.
Your a real gent,

Megatyte 14:48 11 Jul 2003

Installing two sound cards will result in a conflict. Why would you need two anyway? Just replace the one you have with a full duplex.

AH

Socalled 15:04 11 Jul 2003

Thank you for your response, but my audigy cost me over £90 when i bought it and for a full duplex sound card i could pay as little as £20.
and there are other utilities on Audigy that ordinary sound cards dont have ,also according to the link that OneSirKnight kindly gave me the only conflict reported is of 2 cards from the same manufacturer.Thanks again for taking the time out to reply.

waydekirrane 15:54 10 Oct 2004

how can i find out if my sound card is half or full duplex?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)