Fujitsu ad

Mike D 22:27 28 Nov 2007

Will someone please tell me how to prevent this ad thing (decision maker?) from trying to download everytime I visit PCA? I have all my ad & pop-up blockers set to block, but still it keeps trying to start to download. I understand the need to advertise, but I don't accept unsolicited downloads.

Mike

VoG II 22:33 28 Nov 2007
  Technotiger 22:34 28 Nov 2007

Hmm, I have not got any ad-blockers running, but I don't get any Fuji ads at all - maybe it is because I use Firefox. I do get other ads, but nothing too
obtrusive.

SANTOS7 22:37 28 Nov 2007

I'm with technotiger, don't get any "ads" trying to download, don't quite see how they do that...

alB 23:00 28 Nov 2007

I've been wondering about this for over a week, I don't think it's a pop-up as such, more like a script file that wants to download, having said that I haven't a clue what it's for but I too would like to know how to stop it ...alB

Screenshot..
click here

SANTOS7 23:05 28 Nov 2007

never seen it before, how strange it is that some are plagued with these things and some are not, considering how much time i spend on here i should have a van load of em, me security must be better than i thought..

Technotiger 23:06 28 Nov 2007

Yes, I have seen that one, but only once some weeks ago, certainly not a problem to me. It is not Fuji though, it is from Creative the makers of Soundblaster sound cards I believe.

Mike D 07:49 29 Nov 2007

VoG™
Thanks for the link, I shall be studying that with interest.

alB
I decided once to set a restore point and then let it download. I couldn't see any changes that were made, and it still continued to pop up at all sorts of irregular intervals. For example, here I am responding to this thread and ... nothing. Last night 4 times in a row, hence the posting.

Mike

anskyber 07:56 29 Nov 2007

It's a download file OK, I'm just waiting for the Fujitsu ad to stop, it's the only one doing it.

Batch 11:51 29 Nov 2007

Maybe some people don't get it if they are using Spybot S&D (or some equivalent).

VoG's link for a hosts file may have a similar beneficial effect, but I find the hosts file approach is heavy handed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?