Fuji Finepix A203: Your 2 cents

orlandogreenback 01:30 28 Jul 2003

Hi guys,
I'm on the verge of a deal for the above Digital Camera (don't know if I can name the shop so I won't.) For £188 I get the camera, 16mb XD card, a 32mb XD card, 4 rechargeable Lithium batteries and a charger, plus delivery. It's for a friend who hasn't got more than £200 and just wants to take party/holiday photos, nothing outrageous. All the reviews are positive, so really I just wondered what you guys thought of the deal and the camera. Should I dive in or have I missed a better camera/deal that could be staring me in the face? Thanks in advance!

Djohn 01:55 28 Jul 2003

Yes, you can name the shop, then someone will see if they can find a better deal. Regards. j.

orlandogreenback 02:04 28 Jul 2003

Internet Cameras Direct...

Djohn 02:12 28 Jul 2003

Good company, well known in the forum. I bought my camera from this company, excellent deal and service. click here the Fuji A203 is £164.00 but I don't think it has the extras included as with Cameras Direct. Regards. j.

Djohn 02:16 28 Jul 2003

Once you get to the link I gave, click on digital cameras, then look in the left-hand pane for cameras, click on that and you will see the Fuji, click on that link and you will see the full range, A203 included. j.

orlandogreenback 02:49 28 Jul 2003

thanks!

Bodi 08:35 28 Jul 2003

I bought a Fuji Finepix A204 without all the extras - these added something in the region of an extra £70 + to the cost of the camera.

Methinks yours is a good deal.

Bodi

pinka 02:44 31 Jul 2003

i picked one of those out for my mum to buy her husband (a203) he got for £125 that came with just the 16 mb card and software bundle & lead , but that was from e-bay. good camera though puts mine to shame now i want one.

greenlamp 21:28 31 Jul 2003

The camera is virtually idiot proof [I've proved this on several occasions].
The extras are all things you would need in the very short term anyway. The price inclusive of these 'extras' seems quite good. I wouldn't hesitate to go for it [having used this model for the last 8 months]

Mastermind 21:37 31 Jul 2003

I recently bought this camera, a 128mb XD card, batteries and charger and a case. Total cost came to about £240.

greenlamp 22:36 16 Feb 2005

This link has the a203 with an extra 64MB card [it comes with a 16MB card as standard] for £149 + £6.99p&p click here
A NiMH battery charger with batteries will cost about another £20-30.
I have been using an A203 for the last 2 years and a fully charged set of [2000maH] NiMh will last for at least 100 shots [64MB card at highest resolution] so Lithium batteries may be ovekill.

What you should bear in mind is that this is a relatively old camera an a little looking around may come up with something a little newer [and thus more up to date] for a simular sort of price.

If you go ahead with the A203 click here is very competitive with xd card prices [a fraction of those on the high street].

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

The City of Los Angeles graphic designer job ad amuses internet

iMac Pro review

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2018)