FTP Server Help

BBez 08:25 15 Jan 2005

Trying to setup BulletProof FTP Server to share college files...

People have been downloading but getting disconnection problems or no access at all...

Using no-ip.com for addressing but thought to setup using just current IP address on my machine so the account is valid until the IP changes but appear to be getting disconnection problems...

Can anyone test this and attempt to download any of the the 1MB files i've put up...

click here

then try,

[email protected]:11011" title="ftp://test:[email protected]:11011" TARGET="_new">click here

don't use iE, as it won't work due to trying to multiple connect from the same IP, i only allow two connects to prevent possibility of server crashing...

I've tested with any ftp client and mozilla firefox, which appear to work...

as i've stated, i'd rather use my current IP rather than "no-ip" name resolution but if it won't work, then i'll settle for the no-ip address...

thanks in adavnce...

BBez 08:29 15 Jan 2005

the first "click here" is the address i want to use, the next address is the no-ip one:

"f*p://test:[email protected]:11011"

hope i've explained this correctly...

Kegger 11:06 15 Jan 2005

BBez,
your link to ftp server doesn't work, i was unable to download anything, your second address has not been displayed do you want to try again, and i will give it a go for you. I am not aware of BulletProof FTP Server but have used / setup various other flavours of ftp server ( a long time back) and they can be a devil to set up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts