friend wants 'jukebox' style audio program?

  buel 08:56 09 Nov 2010

Hi, my friend at work has accidentally erased his music playing program that played his albums in a loop. He has downloaded vlc player but this plays just one song at a time. Please can anyone advise any free programs that will do what he wants?

  wolfie3000 09:15 09 Nov 2010

Winamp will do what you want with ease.
Just load up the songs in the playlist and hit play.
It can loop either single tracks or the whole playlist, it can even shuffle the playlist randomly if he so chooses.

click here

  Big L 266 09:35 09 Nov 2010


buel....I've got Winamp and as wolfie3000 says it'll do the job with no problem. There is a 'free' and 'paid for' version the latter of which I have. If he simply tries out the 'free' version first,he may like it enough to buy the more comprehensive 'paid for' version.I'm glad I did as there are so many very useful extras not in the 'free' version.Music is both easy to 'rip' and import.

There is also a brilliant little Winamp plug-in which will allow him to play his music 'back-to-back' like a radio station.I downloaded it months ago and have never altered the settings which has a 5 second 'overlap' thus as one song ends,the next begins. Its great fun pretending to be a poor mans Tony Blackburn on the 1960s pirate radio ship Radio London!

Big L 266

Another good one, that I now use in preference to Winamp, is MediaMonkey which is also free.

click here

  Woolwell 12:19 09 Nov 2010

Doesn't Windows Media Player do it?
or what about Songbird click here

  Condom 01:33 10 Nov 2010

Why doesn't he go the whole hog and install the free version of Virtual DJ. This program is really the bees knees when it comes to playing music or playing around with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?