freware publishing prog that recognise .pub files?

Davee75 17:15 08 May 2006

anyone know of any software i can download that can edit publisher files. I have a small magazine to write one issue of but the template is in publisher and im not going to buy it for just this one issue. I know that pageplus se looks the business but no mention of file compatibility.

Skills 17:30 08 May 2006

Having a quick look around it seems your not in much luck and that you need publisher to open pub files.

Not much I can suggest really as you say pageplus is out there but you'd have to start from scratch.

Wak 19:43 08 May 2006

Hi Davee, I have a program called Print Perfect Gold which recognises .PUB files.
It came on a PC Advisor CD with issue 88 dated Jan 2003.
I see you can also get it from Tesco.
click here*43%7CUnder%20%C2%A312
Hope this helps.

Davee75 08:18 09 May 2006

Thanks people i shall look into Print perfect gold.

Bagsey 10:45 09 May 2006

I think you should look at OPEN OFFICE. I believe that it is the same as Star office which has a Publisher prog in it. At least it did in the version we Beta tested through this forum a couple of years or so ago. I found that I could read and write publisher files with no trouble using it.

Davee75 11:32 09 May 2006

thats interesting because i have open office on my home computer (a great program by the way) but i couldn't get it to open the .pub file.

Bagsey 14:26 09 May 2006

I think that you are right. I have been delving through the documents etc that I got with Star Office and can find no reference to DTP. I must have got my knickers in a knot. Not unusual these days. Age related memory glitches. Sorry about that.

Wak 15:02 09 May 2006

I have sent you an e-mail regarding Print Perfect Gold.
Hope you don't mnd.

kat64 11:48 12 Dec 2006

Hi,
I have designed an Advert for a local Magazine using Publisher 2003,I sent it to a colleague for his approval but he cannot open it because he has Publisher 2000 version.
Is there a simple way for him to open a 2003 file using 2000.
Kind regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?