Frequently BSOD after windows update

tduowners 13:34 14 Jun 2018

Hi everyone that reads this.

After my last windows update I get BSOD during the windows logo frequently and I cant figure out why. In some cases my PC starts up like normal without any issues. So to figure out what was going on, I uploaded my .dmp file on the osr website and the following showed up:

* * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *

WHEAUNCORRECTABLEERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEAERRORRECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffffc70818745028, Address of the WHEAERRORRECORD structure. Arg3: 00000000b2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000000010005, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

BUGCHECKSTR: 0x124GenuineIntel

DEFAULTBUCKETID: WIN8DRIVERFAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

BADPAGESDETECTED: 2d62

STACK_TEXT:
fffff803ff0709e8 0000000000000000 : 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULENAME: UnknownModule

IMAGENAME: UnknownImage

DEBUGFLRIMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKETID: PAGENOT_ZERO

Followup: MachineOwner

* Memory manager detected 11618 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption.

At first I thought this had to do with my RAM. But running memtest86 and the build-in windows RAM showed no errors. So right now I don't know where to look at in order to fix this problem. About a month ago I replaced my old graphics card with a NVidia 1050 on a P7P55-M motherboard. I noticed back then that my pc wasnt able to go into sleep-mode because a BSOD appeared aswell. But since I never used sleep mode before that I cannot tell if this happened due to my GPU or another issue.

So I hope someone can give my some advice on what my next step should be.

Thank you for ur time,

Kevin

soulofknight 13:16 02 Jul 2018

Maybe your computer is too old for updates. I am no computer expert, but such problem used to happen to me too. I even bring it for repair because of this problem but problem still not solved. Wasted all the money for repairs. Then I just decide to figure out myself to see if there is any way I can fix it. Then tada I am able to get my com working fine till now. What I did is that I do system restore back till before the update, and then turn off auto update and switch it to manual update, so that computer does not update itself to newer version and crash again. I am not sure if it works for you. You can try.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable