Frequent PC Crashes During Games

O1zY 00:05 10 Jul 2018

This problem started to happen once i got a new graphics card (GTX 780 form a GT 600 something) also note when i made this change i upgraded from 1 monitor to 2 because the graphics card seemed capable of doing so (I have reverted back to 1 since and crashes still occurred). but once i had made these changes with a switch out of my power unit and motherboard so all would presumably run smoother it didn't. my computer seems to crash either a few minute into playing a game to a couple hours or maybe not even that day there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. I've checked my GPU temps and they are well down at about 50(Degrees Celsius) note this is with the side panel off because for a short period of time this did increase playtime. I've also got the latest driver so that also doesn't seem to be the problem. but i cant tell if the crashing is related to the upgrades i did or software. I'm thinking a full factory reset might fix it but i don't want to go through all that time and effort if i don't need to. Any ideas will be appreciated

O1zY 11:01 10 Jul 2018

Forgot to add Processor: Intel(R)Core(TM)i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20GHz RAM: 8.00GB OS: 64-bit windows 7 (Windows Professional)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)