freqent crashes, freezes, BSOD's etc.

fransekman 21:05 03 Jun 2018

I built my PC around 5 years ago and I have ever since had recurring problems with BSOD's, freezes, driver failures, software crashes and you name it. Processor, graphics card, hard drive and peripherals have all been changed at some point so they can almost certainly be excluded. Since the hard drive has been changed it's most certainly not a software problem either. Windows has also been reinstalled on my current hard drive. The problems mostly occur when I'm playing video games but occasionally when I'm just browsing the internet or even when I'm idle. Some days the problems are more frequent than others. I haven’t found a reliable way to force the crashes so it’s hard to pinpoint the cause. I have a software monitoring my temperatures and they aren’t in the danger zone. I also clean my PC regularly. I have a software that analyzes my dump files and it usually says the crashes occur in the Windows Kernel but the analyses are fairly inconclusive.

These are my PC specifications:

CPU Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 804MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155)
Graphics 2770G4 ([email protected]) 4096MB ATI Radeon RX 570 Series (Unknown)
Storage 698GB Crucial_CT750MX300SSD1 (SSD)
Optical Drives ASUS DRW-24B5ST Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

I am grateful for any help I can get!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:17 04 Jun 2018

Dodgy PSU or motherboard are the only likely candidates then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?