Freezing problems on windows 10

Moshtash 17:41 15 Jul 2018

Hi everyone

This is my first post so feel free to tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I recently travelled on an 8 hour long trip to my summer work destination with my post computer in the trunk of my car. It was pretty secure so there's no way that it moved violently during the trip.

Anyhow, I set my computer up when I arrived and it seemed to work normally if not for a few BSOD (the most frequent message being CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I just ignored them stupidly and eventually one BSOD just prevented me from restarting my computer. Having no important files on my computer, I did a clean reset of windows 10 with a flash drive by using Windows Media Tool. After the reset, it seemed to work normally until I started downloading things. As soon as something is downloaded I start having long freezes with every action I make, even a simple click. They prevent me from doing anything and sometimes I have to force reset my pc or the freeze ends with a BSOD. For now I just did a clean reset of my PC and haven't touched it since.

I have tried downloading the latest drivers which doesn't seem to fix anything, sfc /scannow, mdsched which doesn't seem to find any error and other things I followed on forums. Around december, I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, RAM and Graphics Card but I had no problem whatsoever with this change so I believe the problem is hardware related due to the vibrations in the car since it started just after the trip.

I've been trying to fix it for a week now but haven't been successful which is why I'm turning to you now. It'd be great if you could at least help me find what the problem is, solving it would be absolute luxury. Unfortunately I can't download anything so I can only use the tools that come with windows 10 family.

Thanks in advance for your help and I'll answer any question you have. Pardon my English, it's not my native language.

Cheers!

Moshtash

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 15 Jul 2018

Run chkdsk /r on the hard drive it may have errors

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)