Paddylad 19:41 18 Jan 2010

I've connected a Freeview+ box to my TV. The manual includes a VCR in the wiring up but I wonder if I could substitute a DVD player for the VCR? I've asked the suppliers and the overall opinion is very mixed, so I was wondering if anyone amongst the Forum members could give a definite answer please?
Whilst I can record on the Freeview+ box, I cannot play any other DVDs. Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 19:42 18 Jan 2010

if your question (which is not clear) is can your dvd record freeview? there are a number of options if your question made sense.

Pine Man 19:44 18 Jan 2010

Simple way to find out if you have one is to try it.

I certainly had success with a Sony DVD which was looped with a digibox and VCR.

Pine Man 19:45 18 Jan 2010

... Sony DVD PLAYER.

Paddylad 20:05 18 Jan 2010

A Freeview+ box supplies my families Viewing. It has a built in HDD on which we can record programmes for future playback. It cannot playback a bought DVD. Hence the question I asked.

Pine Man, I think I'll have to try it out. I will, however, wait until tonights match is over,just in case.

johnnyrocker 20:11 18 Jan 2010

thank you for clarification.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:49 18 Jan 2010

Provided your DVD will record from scart input and your Freview box has two scart outputs then connect one output to TV the other to the DVD recorder.

I do this with my old Alba DVD recorder and Humax HDD recorder to transfer recorded programs to DVD for use while travelling.

Paddylad 22:04 18 Jan 2010

Please ,I beg you, do not think I was being patronising, nothing else was further from my mind. I thought if I clarified my statement you might come up with an answer. Thank you anyway for a speedy answer.

Fruit Bat /\0/\, I'll look into this a little later.

Pine Man my remark about the match was caused by looking at tomorrows BBC1 programmes. Being too eager can be a destroyer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Adobe price increase confuses customers

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?