Freeserve or NTL broadband???

senno 19:26 27 Feb 2003

I am seriously considering making the move from freeserve dial up to freeserve broadband. another alternative would be NTL. Has anone got any advice on these 2 and any suggestions i.e is it worth the change.

All advice greatly appreciated.

flobby 19:38 27 Feb 2003

Hi Senno,
I have NTL and regardless of bad press I am very happy with it.
It will give you more than Freeserve if only that you can choose from 128Kbs,600Kbs(not 512Kbs) and 1000 KBs.
I have just dropped from 600 to 128 as I have just been made redundant and cannot afford the £24.99 so have opted for the £14.99 for the 128.
Obviousley you can choose which is the best for you? depending on the amount of downloading you are going to do.
freeserve does not give you this option.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, Colin

flobby 19:40 27 Feb 2003

Hi Senno.
Sorry!!!
YES it is worth the change;whatever ISP you choose
Cheers, Colin

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 20:22 27 Feb 2003

Freeserve every time!!, went through "the change" myself last month, kept my e-mail address's one phone call cancelled my anytime account, NEVER had a problem connecting (always @ 576000) click here best move ever, GO FOR IT!!!!

senno 20:38 27 Feb 2003

'other half' still deliberating so this could b a long process. by the time he makes up his mind the free modem and connection offer may well have finished.

fingers crossed eh:):):)

senno 20:38 27 Feb 2003

'other half' still deliberating so this could b a long process. by the time he makes up his mind the free modem and connection offer may well have finished.

fingers crossed eh:):):)

senno 20:43 27 Feb 2003

Oh crikey. Now he wants to know how long the cable is that you get with the modem and they say women moan. Can anyone pleeeease bear with me and put him out of his misery. I realise this may mean measuring the cable but it would make my life more bearable.

On the other hand I may just phone them up myself and change over.

Meastro 21:21 27 Feb 2003

I took up NTL broadband at 128k and have never had a problem, brillaint value at£14.99, average downloads are 14k whihcis a bit better thn the 4K I got with dial up.

hugh-265156 23:42 27 Feb 2003

on ntls 600k service now since october.rate it highly.free install and free modem.never had any problem with my connection.if you have cable tv already it will take no mare than half an hour to get you up and running.i have seen other posts about the customer service not being up to scratch but you hear good and bad reports about most providers.was on the 128k service for a few weeks and it was just as good for browsing but if you download a lot get 600k.you can also up/downgrade to 128/600/1mb just by clicking click here and its instant.trust me you will be happy.

hugh-265156 23:48 27 Feb 2003

you might also want to click here

BRYNIT 00:24 28 Feb 2003

The NTL engineer will supply you with a cable long enough to go from the entry point to any where in your room.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?