Free Transfer from old Computer to new one

Govan1x 09:48 09 Oct 2015
Answered

Found this and it is free for a few day it is for upgrading from old computer to new one.

I have never used it before but it has a good reputation and so many folk changing or upgrading this may come in handy. it is from Laplink.

Click here

Govan1x 09:48 09 Oct 2015
Answer

chub_tor 10:01 09 Oct 2015

I bought that many years ago to move stuff for my daughter's computers. It worked fine but if I remember correctly it was a one time deal and so having used it for one transfer you couldn't repeat it on a different set of computers. May be wrong there though.

Govan1x 11:03 09 Oct 2015

Thanks for the info chub_tor I would imagine it would be a one off but like I say I have never used it before but it has a good reputation.

Just thought that there were many doing upgrades just now and I suppose something like that would come in handy.

I do have a laplink connection cable so all I need now is a new computer and that is not on the cards just now.

Housten 17:07 09 Oct 2015

Govan1x, how on earth did you manage to download this?? I know I am not the fastest in this world, but when I saw your email, I thought it was something worth having for when I get a new computer.

So I did as they wanted, but no download!!! What have I done wrong? Do you - or anyone else for that matter - know where I have mucked up? I would be very grateful if someone could explain in simple terms, please, my mistake!!

Govan1x 17:19 09 Oct 2015

Sorry Housten I take it you signed in and they sent you an email with the keycode on it.

Now that you mention it the last time I tried for something it did the same maybe there is a big demand for it.

I will give it a try.

Govan1x 17:33 09 Oct 2015

Just tried it and it downloaded on to my computer so looks like you are doing something wrong or maybe your security program is stopping it. it does not send an e-mail with the keycode on it. Take it that it is a one off thing.But I have it and no problems.

Govan1x 17:37 09 Oct 2015

Maybe you missed it go back into your account and on the price tag there is also a download it from here on it.

Must admit I was looking for a bigger sign. It is small writing and you probably never seen it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)