free out of copyright film search

KEITH 1955 12:52 30 Jan 2018

depending on how long you have been into pc's you may remember a website called stage6

apart from a few questionable items , it had films animations and other items that either had no copy write or they were out of copy write. I started to build up a collection of very early films such as Charlie chaplin , the site closed due to running costs , this was at a time before ads really took off.

does anyone know of a site where you can download old films for free.

I am not after a file sharing site that breaks the law.

KEITH 1955 22:37 30 Jan 2018

thanks dave your a star the 2 sites you linked are exactly what I wanted , all I need now is a box of blank dvd's lol

KEITH 1955 18:04 01 Feb 2018

more help please , I downloaded a few of the films , they are in mp4 format , I cant find a player that will play them and they wont play on my dvd player that plays anything including dvx format , all the players I tried say format not recognised.

alanrwood 19:01 01 Feb 2018

What format are they in. Download and install K-Lite Codec Pack. It has codecs for almost every format and includes the player. Also try VLC player which is similar.

K-Lite at click here at click here

VLC

alanrwood 19:02 01 Feb 2018

I wish this site could sort out the problems when posting links.

The two links are in my post but not as I posted them.

KEITH 1955 07:29 02 Feb 2018

SLAPS SELF IN FACE........... if i had scrolled down instead of clicking film i would have seen different save options .... ok now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?