free out of copyright film search

MJS WARLORD 12:52 30 Jan 2018

depending on how long you have been into pc's you may remember a website called stage6

apart from a few questionable items , it had films animations and other items that either had no copy write or they were out of copy write. I started to build up a collection of very early films such as Charlie chaplin , the site closed due to running costs , this was at a time before ads really took off.

does anyone know of a site where you can download old films for free.

I am not after a file sharing site that breaks the law.

rdave13 18:21 30 Jan 2018

Click here. Best way to download is to right click on the red link (scroll down to view) and select 'copy link address'. Open a new tab and paste the link in the address bar. You'll get the usual options, 'save' or 'save as' etc. If the video opens in the new tab then there is a downward arrow bottom right to click on.

rdave13 18:41 30 Jan 2018

Another one here. Play the movie at full screen and the download arrow appears on the bottom right again.

rdave13 18:44 30 Jan 2018

Or right click and select 'save video as..' while the film is playing.

MJS WARLORD 22:37 30 Jan 2018

thanks dave your a star the 2 sites you linked are exactly what I wanted , all I need now is a box of blank dvd's lol

MJS WARLORD 18:04 01 Feb 2018

more help please , I downloaded a few of the films , they are in mp4 format , I cant find a player that will play them and they wont play on my dvd player that plays anything including dvx format , all the players I tried say format not recognised.

alanrwood 19:01 01 Feb 2018

What format are they in. Download and install K-Lite Codec Pack. It has codecs for almost every format and includes the player. Also try VLC player which is similar.

K-Lite at click here at click here

VLC

alanrwood 19:02 01 Feb 2018

I wish this site could sort out the problems when posting links.

The two links are in my post but not as I posted them.

MJS WARLORD 07:29 02 Feb 2018

SLAPS SELF IN FACE........... if i had scrolled down instead of clicking film i would have seen different save options .... ok now

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?