for a free antivirus + firewall for 1year

hector 911 12:20 20 Nov 2003

CA have joined Microsoft and are offering a free antivirus + firewall normally $49.95.

CA "eTrust EZ armour"

link from microsoft "protect your pc"

Story at vnunet.com, also a link from there. (I don`t know how this software performs but if you need a antivirus and firewall, get it free for a year.

johnnyrocker 12:23 20 Nov 2003

if you go to click here you get a lifetime free anti virus if you are in europe. and zone alarm do a free firewall as does tiny,panda etc

johnny

hector 911 14:46 20 Nov 2003

this package from CA does seem to offer more than just the basic package "free" products offer.

It`s an open market, take your pick! or we would all use Zonealarm...............?

Jester2K II 14:50 20 Nov 2003

As johnnyrocker says there are plently of other lifetime free products - Sygate, AVG etc etc

Whats the big deal with CA "eTrust EZ armour"

Proxy Worm 15:44 20 Nov 2003

I have AVG and zonealarm- they do the job but they have not got any special features- which hardly no-one uses!

hector 911 16:42 20 Nov 2003

no big deal for me either, but for anyone who might, and are looking for another choice, which there always seems to be...it`s FREE.

Features, pop up stopper/ad prevention,and so on.

No I don`t use it, I use Outpost, I`ve used Norton, which caused bigger headaches than it was worth, and a swine to uninstall .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts