"framedyn.dll" not found...can't do System Restore

barnetbird 09:56 16 Sep 2006

For some unknown reason, when I attempted to create a restore point the following message came up:-

rstrui.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!

johnnyrocker 09:58 16 Sep 2006

if xp try sfc /scannow and have your disk ready to replace any corrupt/missing files.

johnny.

VoG II 10:07 16 Sep 2006

and if that doesn't solve it click here

Gongoozler 10:08 16 Sep 2006

Does this help click here;en-us;319114

Gongoozler 10:09 16 Sep 2006

Too late - and my link didn't work as well as VoG™'s

barnetbird 11:08 16 Sep 2006

I've tried the methods outlined on the link VoG provided; however, nothing worked.

Alas, I purchased my Dimension through Dell and wasn't provided with a disk for XP Home Edition. I was hoping I could resolve the issue without reverting to Dell, despite having an extended warranty.

Thanks for your help.

VoG II 11:15 16 Sep 2006

You can try downloading it from click here

It needs to go in the c:\windows\system32\wbem folder.

barnetbird 11:43 16 Sep 2006

With a little bit more tinkering, I've solved the problem. Although I couldn't find the framedyn.dll the first time I searched for it, I rebooted and tried again, locating it successfully! After copying it to system32, I'm happy to say everything is back to normal.

I can't imagine what happened to cause the problem in the first place as I've hardly used my PC in the last couple of days and only visited the same sites I normally do (no problem prior to then). But problem solved, end of!

Thanks again for your help; much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?