Frame rate is being weird. Windows 7

WalkingSpoilers 07:30 09 Nov 2016

So, I've been having this problem for a long time now. When I turn on my PC and immediately run any game it takes less than 20 minutes for frame rate to drop from maximum to about 10-20fps and it stays this way no matter how low I set the graphics. Sometimes it can get even lower and then jump back to 60 fps for like 2 seconds, but then it goes back to 10 again. It is easily fixed with every new NVIDIA driver, but the problem will be back again if you turn on the PC the next day. I accidentally found a strange solution: After waiting 20 minutes for lags to appear I put my computer in sleep mode (not sure what you call it in english) and wait for half an hour then I turn it on and wait again for an hour or more. It fixes the frame rate issue most of the time, but the whole process takes 2 hours or more. Also if you put the computer in sleep mode after that or after updating the driver the frame rate will still be normal, but if you turn it off it'll be the same problem next time you turn it on.

Here's the stuff:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Motherboard: Gigabyte H77M-D3H Processor: intel(r) core(tm) i5-3330 cpu @ 3.00ghz (4 cpus), ~3.2ghz Memory: 4096MB RAM Graphics card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti

PA28~2 10:05 10 Nov 2016

Nothing too scientific here, but I had similar problems awhile ago running Flightsims. I found that the problem was the Nvidia driver picking up remnants of an old installation if that makes sense. I fully removed the driver installed (through Device Manager, remove graphics adaptor) and then picked up a download that cleared any remnants. Restarted computer and then downloaded and installed latest driver from Nvidia. Frame rate went from 10-20fps to 60-80 instantly - and stayed there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?