Hot Topics

Found old bluetooth dongle will it work?

Gordon Freeman 17:16 09 Nov 2019
Answered

I've found an ADVENT USB 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Dongle EDR in my desk drawer. Wondering if it should work with win10?

It's old & on checking seems it's only compatible with XP/Vista/7. I have win10.

Just wondering if I should bin it or try to get it working?

Thought I might be able to stream music from desktop to bluetooth earbuds. I plugged it in usb slot, desktop went 'bing bong', but then I couldn't see that I had bluetooth connection.

If it's a binner no problem, just thought I'd ask before. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:01 12 Nov 2019

Challenge achieved :0)

Thanks for the feedback.

AroundAgain 21:41 12 Nov 2019

Well done chaps

I just found this thread which intrigued me because I had two BT USB dongles from sometime back, v2, I suspect.

So, plugged it iin to Desktop, right clicked on the bluetooth symbol which opened Settings - Bluetooth. Set my phone to seach, found desktop, paired phone with Desktop PC.

Not sure what I will use it for but it does mean I can use BT mouse if necessary

Thanks for motivating me to test out this dongle, which has been knocking around on my desk for a few years, wondering if it still worked. Running Win 10 v1903

Thanks again, and well done for your persistance ;)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Huawei Mate Xs could’ve been the first great big-screen foldable

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

The best games on Apple Arcade

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique