Fortnite FPS-problem, I really need help

tegeee 00:49 21 Apr 2018

Here is a video of my problem, pay attention to the FPS-counter. Mute the sound, it sounds like a vacuum-cleaner is inside your ears.

click here in the last few days i have started to get FPS-drops, i have everything turned on lowest possible setting, i have all performance-enhancing setting turned on on my PC and i have all the latest drivers for Nvidia. I have played this game since November last year and have never had problems like this before now. The only drops i have had has been while looking over tilted towers or in crowded areas in squads. Is it normal to go from stable 240fps capped to 70-80-90 for 2 seconds then back up to 240fps again?

Specs: Intel Core i7 3820(multiplier on x43) - Geforce GTX 760(overclocked with MSI Afterburner, +80 clock and memory +250) 8GB RAM. Not the best cooling in the world but i have monitored temp on all hardware and i see no problems there.

Here is a video of my problem, pay attention to the FPS-counter. Mute the sound, it sounds like a vacuum-cleaner is inside your ears.

click here in the last few days i have started to get FPS-drops, i have everything turned on lowest possible setting, i have all performance-enhancing setting turned on on my PC and i have all the latest drivers for Nvidia. I have played this game since November last year and have never had problems like this before now. The only drops i have had has been while looking over tilted towers or in crowded areas in squads. Is it normal to go from stable 240fps capped to 70-80-90 for 2 seconds then back up to 240fps again?

Specs: Intel Core i7 3820(multiplier on x43) - Geforce GTX 760(overclocked with MSI Afterburner, +80 clock and memory +250) 8GB RAM. Not the best cooling in the world but i have monitored temp on all hardware and i see no problems there.

Thank you so much for all the help that i can get! I really appreciate it.

So So

rdave13 02:17 21 Apr 2018

Disable hiberfil.sys link and reboot.

Power issues that Windows handles possibly.

1]: [click here

Govan1x 05:10 21 Apr 2018

Some answers from another forum that tgee posted on.

Click Here

Roland Bradford 16:28 01 Oct 2018

to solve this problem you can find some advanced fortnite tips

compumac 18:12 01 Oct 2018

Second post today where there have been two completely new posters. One asking and another replying???

Roland Bradford 08:48 02 Oct 2018

yup)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)