Form_processor.pl can't find cgi-lib.pl

memy 23:29 31 Jan 2004

I am trying to get a form mail program called form_processor.pl set up to run. It requires cgi-lib.pl which is loaded to cgi-bin together with form_processor.pl but the latter is failing to find cgi-lib.pl.

The 'Require' statement (line 19)is:
require './cgi-lib.pl';

the error produced when you try to submit the form is:
"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
Can't locate ./cgi-lib.pl at e:\domains\(my domain*)\user\htdocs\cgi-bin\form_processor.pl line 19."

(* to hide my domain name)

Why is it trying to find the file on e:??

Any ideas welcome. Thanks. M.

Forum Editor 00:36 01 Feb 2004

you must edit the first line of the script to include the path to perl on your host server. By default this is usually: #!/usr/local/bin/perl

Although other possible paths (for Perl 5) are:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl5
#!/usr/local/bin/perl5.00502

Upload the script to your server, and all should be well. Make sure that you have set the file permissions correctly, or the script won't work. I can't tell you what the permissions are, because I don't know which files the script uses. You should set the permissions using your FTP CHMOD commands.

All this applies to a Unix server of course - on a Windows server you don't need to do it.

memy 12:06 01 Feb 2004

Thanks. I had set the path to perl as per my service provider's instructions: #!/usr/bin/perl

I have also set the path to sendmail.

chmod for both files is set to 755 as per readme.txt instructions. So, as far as I can see, the parameters are set correctly.

I'll see if I can get some advice from th SP's support people.

Thanks, M.

Taran 17:32 01 Feb 2004

Most Perl form mailer scripts will require a list of permissable users or referers [the web address or addresses from where forms may be processed], a list of recipients or send-to addresses [the email addresses you would like mail to be sent to] and one or two other things.

Triple check these settings since an error on any one of them will bring things to a grinding hault.

memy 19:22 01 Feb 2004

I'll check it all out. Ta. M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?