FORMATTING DVD-RW

DUKE 18:15 29 Feb 2004

JUST BOUGHT MEDION DVD RE-WRITER CAME WITH WIN DVD SOFTWARE CANT FIND OUT HOW TO FORMAT -RW ANYWHERE IN SOFTWARE

Eric10 18:50 29 Feb 2004

To the best of my knowledge WinDVD is for playing DVDs, not recording to them. If your operating system is Windows XP then you already have rudimentary built-in support for burning CDs and DVDs. Look in Start, Help and Support, and search for DVD to find out how to do it. If a DVD-RW needs formatting then it will offer to do it before burning.

If you don't have Win XP or just want more control over your DVD burning then you will need third party software such as Nero or one of the many others. Some are even freeware.

Bapou 19:42 29 Feb 2004

I suggest you pay a vist to:click here Everything you need to know is on this website.

siouxah1 20:39 29 Feb 2004

Which burning software?

If it is Nero you need to use 'In CD' to do the formatting. Both CD and DVD.

If Nero 6,
Make sure that 'InCD' is running and then insert your DVD RW. A dialogue box will come up to enable you to format.

Other burning progs will have something similar.

Regards Brian j

Rennaissance 22:14 29 Feb 2004

a piece of burning software should have been supplied. In nero 5.5 on the recorder tab an erase rewritable option is there.

DUKE 21:11 01 Mar 2004

WHEN I SAID WIN DVD I MEANT THE PACKAGE INCLUDING WIN DVD RECORDER, DVD COPY, DISC MASTER, AND WIN DVD CREATOR BYT FOUND NOTHING IN ANY OF THEM

narke 22:03 01 Mar 2004

There is a button in the Disc Master software main window called "erase", it is the button directly below the Medion logo. This has quick or full erase options and seems to be the equivalent of format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?