forgotten windows log on password

plasticpig 11:23 02 Aug 2003

I have forgotten my password for windows xp and now cannot use my pc.As it requires this to boot up.

Forum Editor 11:33 02 Aug 2003

you would have been asked to enter the answer to a reminder question, so you could be prompted to remember the password - can you still not remember?

We have a rule not to allow the posting of methods to circumvent the password facility in programs - for very obvious reasons.

I can only suggest that you try to recall words that you might have used, and try them one by one.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:34 02 Aug 2003

Call me cynical but I find it diificult to believe that anyone can forget a password that is used on a daily basis. There are plwenty of ways of getting round this but I think you may have to try elsewhere. as I have often said..ifd you must use passwords, make them really easy for you to remember. It is is triple easy to bypass a windows password, most competent 8 year olds can do it. so there is NO NEED to have ridiculously complicated ones.

G

scooby43 11:36 02 Aug 2003

hi plasticpig

is it the administrator password you have forgotten or just a user account ?

because if not I am afraid you will have to reinstall windows and recreate a new password
unless you have a reset disk.

here is a link I found

click here

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)